Our mission is to foster human capacity, enhance infrastructure and advance national-database research in order to carry out pharmacoepidemiology studies in Brazil.
- To contribute with capacity building in pharmacoepidemiology to conduct high-quality pharmacoepidemiology studies in Brazil;
- To disseminate the results of high-quality pharmacoepidemiology studies among researchers, policy makers and healthcare providers;
- To propose harmonize Brazilian databases, working with decision markers in a government, to optimize its use for rigorous pharmacoepidemiology research at national and international levels;
- To promote a collaboration among healthcare managers, researchers, and organized civil society (patients) groups within Brazil`s Unified Healthcare System;
- To use data from Brazilian databases to estimate the potential Budget Impact of emerging drugs identified, prioritized and critically assessed by the Brazilian Horizon Scanning System and,
- To promote international collaboration with individuals and groups in the area of pharmacoepidemiology research.
- To involve investigators from the LatAm chapter in research projects initiated in Brazil
- To collaborate with investigators from the LatAm chapter in preparation of webinars
- To involve investigators from the LatAm chapter in presentations of workshops at ICPE
The Brazil Chapter will meet several times per year by teleconference and/or through face-to-face meetings in Brazil and/or at the International Society of Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE’s) midyear meeting and/or the International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology (ICPE) meeting.