August 29, 2019
Sentinel tools and how to apply them to a given safety question
For those wishing to learn more about the Sentinel tools and how to apply them to a given safety question, there is a one-day training being held at the University of Pennsylvania Campus immediately following the 2019 ICPE Annual Meeting. Registration for this training is required and details are here
September 16-19, 2019
Venue: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Course dates: 16 - 19 September 2019
The course is designed for students with a basic grounding in epidemiological methods and concepts and/or some prior knowledge of pharmacoepidemiology. During this course students will:
- Develop their knowledge of pharmacoepidemiological concepts and methods, with a particular focus on database studies.
- Gain practical experience of testing study feasibility and performing analyses in STATA, using primary care data from the Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) (prior experience of STATA not required).
- Gain an understanding of biases and other sources of error that can occur in pharmacoepidemiology studies, and strategies to avoid them.
For further details and to apply please see here.
Professional Certificate in Pharmacoepidemilogy & Pharmacovigilance
Course dates: November 4-7, 2019 | February 17-21, 2020 | April 6-9, 2020
Also available through distance learning!
This course is a 30-week examined introductory training course that aims to equip students with a basic understanding of the concepts and practice of pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacovigilance and drug safety. By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and critically evaluate, issues surrounding the risks and benefits of drug use in humans
- Gain an understanding of, and reflect upon, important pharmacoepidemiological concepts and methods
- Assess and critically analyse the results of pharmacoepidemiological studies (other investigators'), including critical appraisal of the study question, study design, methods and conduct, statistical analyses and interpretation
Click here for further details and how to apply. Anyone with questions about the course content/suitability can contact Dr. Kevin Wing or Dr. Rohini Mathur at Kevin.Wing@lshtm.ac.uk or Rohini.Mathur@lshtm.ac.uk.
May 22-27, 2020
7th FIP Pharmaceutical Sciences World Congress (PSWC2020)
May 22-27, 2020
Click here for more information.