Fellows of the International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology
Deadline to submit: January 20, 2020
Submit your application here
The ISPE Board of Directors has created a special elected category of membership for its outstanding leadership. Fellowship Status is awarded upon election as Fellow by the Board on the recommendation of a committee of peers (the Fellowship & Awards Committee) . Elected members are designated 'ISPE Fellows' (FISPE). Consideration for election to Fellowship is open to those members who are recognized as having leadership roles in pharmacoepidemiology and who are held in high professional standing.
Benefits of Fellowship
Upon achievement of Fellow Status, Fellows are entitled to:
- Refer to themselves in public statements, documents, and resumes as "Fellow of the International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology" and add the letters FISPE after other credentials;
- Receive appropriate recognition on ISPE correspondence, membership lists, and attendance lists;
- Be provided with appropriate recognition at all ISPE meetings via nametags with identifying ribbons; and,
- From time to time be eligible to receive other special awards and recognitions reserved for ISPE Fellows.
Criteria for Fellowship
Fellows must meet or exceed all of the following:
- Seniority: at least five (5) consecutive years of non-student membership.
- *Scholarship: show evidence of substantial scholarship as reflected in the quality and impact of publications.
- **Service to ISPE: substantial, active and leadership roles in ISPE, such as board member, chair or co-chair of a committee, council, task-force, working group, or special interest group, participation in ISPE educational activities (mid-year or annual meetings, global development activities as speaker or course instructor). Please identify relevant roles at ISPE in the past years.
- Leadership: evidence of leadership in the discipline of pharmacoepidemiology.
- Member in good standing of ISPE, including being current in dues payment.
*The review committee will take into account any restriction on publication due to the nature of a candidate's employment when assessing the evidence for scholarship.
**It is essential that you clearly, and in great detail, explain your contributions to the Society. Your response to this section must identify any and all volunteer/leadership positions you've held in the organization and when you served and in what capacity. Please assume that the review committee will not be aware of your contributions to the organization. Examples of service may include committee/council/SIG/chapter Chair/member, abstract reviewer, course faculty, mentor, etc.
PROCESS OF SELECTION
- Completion of an application form to judge fulfillment of above criteria for Fellowship.
- Submission of recommendation letters by two ISPE Fellows designated by the candidate (see below).
- Curriculum vitae and application form submitted by the candidate to the ISPE office by the deadline.
- Review of and recommendation of nomination by the Fellowship & Awards Committee comprised entirely of elected Fellows.
- Discretionary election by a majority of the Board.
The Fellowship and Awards Committee will consider all completed applications received in the ISPE Office for Fellow status to be conferred (deadline for 2019 has passed). The Subcommittee will submit its recommendations to the ISPE Board of Directors for consideration at the Board’s meeting in April. Applicants will be notified of the Board’s decision, following the Board meeting. All applications approved for FISPE status will be inducted at the next Annual Meeting.
Please complete the online application and upload the required documents, or send the following documents to the ISPE office, by the specified deadline (deadline for 2019 has passed):
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (sent directly by Fellows recommending you for fellowship, can be emailed but cannot be uploaded online)
ISPE –Fellow Nomination
4800 Hampden Ln, Ste 200
Bethesda, MD 20814-2934
DEADLINE: January 20, 2020